A Day In The Life …

It’s Tuesday, my last day off from my “weekend.” I usually have Sunday, Monday and Tuesdays off which is really nice! This morning I had to drop my car off at Subaru to have my shifter fixed. I set my alarm, something I despise doing on a day off, but never the less, here we go. I woke up at 7 am, made my way in the dark to the kitchen and put the kettle on for tea. Gus was going to get up with me to take me but he didn’t go to sleep until 4 am, so I decided to let him sleep. I had my tea in the living room in the dark and updated myself on the latest Facebook happenings. After my tea I made coffee and got ready. We’ve talked about how if I am on time I am late so I left for my 9 o’clock car appointment at 8:30 am and drove the 7 minutes it takes me to get there and arrived promptly at 8:37. I went in early thinking they could get an early start and was planning on just waiting there. The guy asked me if I had a few hours to hang out. The week prior I was told it would take an hour and a half so I asked him if it would take longer. He said they were backed up and asked if I wanted to take a car for the day at no charge. I said “heck yeah I do!” He put me in a brand new 2019 Subaru Legacy, black, with all the new features! I dropped my old key off, let them scan my drivers license and insurance information and I was out the door! The mechanic pulled up with the new car, said “your chariot awaits,” handed me the keys and I was gone!

I didn’t really have any plans for the morning and Gus was sleeping. I decided to get some breakfast and coffee so I didn’t have to bang around in the kitchen fixing myself anything. I stopped at Stewart’s and got a large hot Carmel coffee and a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich on a hard roll. Yum! When I got home Gus was already awake! I swear he never sleeps! He was still waking up by the time I got home so I let him wake up gradually before I got him up and moving for what I really wanted to do – Christmas shop!! We didn’t plan on getting much for Christmas this year, but we didn’t start anything yet! We went to Walmart first for a few things for the girls then we went to hobby lobby. For the girls we got mattresses toppers for their beds so they would be nice and comfortable and we got them two Barbie dolls a piece as they’ve been loving barbies lately. We are going to finish they’re shopping up this Monday and get a few stocking stuffers. We don’t get them too much as they also have a big Christmas at their moms and Santa doesn’t come to our house, says their mom, so we keep it simple. At hobby lobby we got some frames and some ornaments to decorate. For our families we are going to print out and frame pictures for our engagement photo shoot and send everyone one and the girls are going to decorate tree ornaments for them.

We got home just in time for me to leave to go to lunch and shopping with my mom! We took my new car and went to the Olive Garden for some soup, salad and breadsticks and dessert of course! After that we hit the mall. We mainly went to Target because it’s the bees knees! We did some Christmas shopping in the style of one for you, one for me then we got afternoon coffee at the Target Starbucks. After we went to a few places around town. I stopped to pick up a FedEx package at our new Walgreens, completely despise FedEx but what can ya do? We also stopped at a craft store so I could get my work secret Santa gift. By that time it was starting to get dark so we decided to call it a day. We went to go pick up my car and hand in the keys to the legacy. I was sorry to say goodbye! I drove us back to my place so she could pick up her car so she could make it home for dinner!

I didn’t feel like doing any chores so I watched the rest of Ellen and relaxed. I talked to Gus on his lunch break, took a shower, picked out my work clothes, had leftovers for dinner and picked out a movie on Disney Plus. I probably fell asleep on the couch around 8:30 and took about an hour nap. When I woke up it still seemed kind of early for bed and I didn’t want to feel like an old lady so I watched an episode of Glow Up on Netflix and THEN I went to bed.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Tuesday! As always, thanks for reading!

– D

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s